Friday, August 29, 2008

First Week of School!

Hello! I have made it through my first week of school, and I can already tell that this year is going to be amazing!! I am already so happy, and can tell that it is a trend that I feel won't go away anytime soon!! YAY! This entire week has been just full of new, fun things!

I moved in on Saturday! I met my roommates, Kathryn Welker, and Melissa Lambert! They are really nice girls! It's going to be a fun year with them. They are wanting to meet a lot of people too! They are both from here and have been best friends all through high school. So, in some ways it's hard, but over all it is not a problem. Oh and that night we went ice blocking down old main!! That was a ton of fun and rather painful!!

Sunday was my first day back at my ward! I only recognize a few people, and other than that it is a whole new group of people. I really like that! Being one of the handful that returned I am one of the member of the ward that the bishopric actually knows. Because of this I was asked to lead the music in sacrament meeting, and tell people in relief society how to sign up for institute! Overall church was a lot of fun, and I am excited to meet everyone there.
Monday was just as good. I started my classes bright and early. 7:30!!! Other than that the day went really well. I like all of my classes, and am enjoying the crazy instructor at institute! FHE was a lot of fun. Again being a familiar face I was asked to give the opening prayer. I really like being asked to do things; I feel more involved in the ward when I am participating. Anyways, for FHE we had a hogi dinner, and mingled (along with getting our pictures taken for the ward directory aka the take out menu). I was in a really good mood that day and went out of my way to make a lot of friends. I got to know a lot of people, and had a good time going around and starting conversations/asking questions. As I was leaving Brother Smith caught me and asked if we could talk. I could tell I was getting a calling. So, after our little chat I left with the new calling of FHE grandmother!!! I (and my "husband") are over all of FHE! I am really excited for this. It is going to be busy but I am excited for it. I think it will be a great way for me to get to know everyone in our ward! YAY!!
Well, a whole bunch of stuff happened all week but there are a lot of details involved that really aren't necessary. I met a ton of people, I enjoy all of my classes, I made pillows, I hung out a lot, and have really just had a great time.
So I was going to make this blog very informative but just explaining monday took way too long. So, we will just stick with the Alishia is happy statement and end this post!!!
ps! I have my room all set up cute I just need to put pictures in the frames. So, I will be posting a tour of my room once that is finished!


This is my awesome cheff outfit and new knife kit for my culinary class!




These are the pillows I made for my bed!!

The flower arragnment in my room!

3 comments:

DeAnna said...

very fun, keep us up to date!

Loraine said...

I love your new room! I love your chef's hat, wow, you really are doing the culinary stuff. I'm very excited for you! Need pictures of the curtains.)

Tink said...

Hurray!!Cool hat!